The Daily Illini police blotter for Oct. 23

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Aggravated discharge of a firearm was reported on the 700 block of Crescent Drive around 4:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, several callers reported shots fired in the area of John Street and Crescent Drive. The scene was located in the parking lot on the 700 block of Crescent Drive.

An arrest was made on the charge of possession of a controlled substance between Garden Hills Drive and West Bradley Avenue around 3:30 a.m. Friday. According to the report, the vehicle was stopped for a traffic violation. A consent search revealed numerous pieces of drug paraphernalia and a suspected controlled substance.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 200 block of West Tremont Street around 4 p.m. Oct. 15. According to the report, the property owner came to the Champaign Police Department to report the damage done to her property. There are no suspects for this incident.

An arrest was made on the charge of failure to appear in court at Randolph and Church streets around midnight Monday. According to the report, the suspect was the passenger in a vehicle that was initially stopped because the driver disobeyed a stop sign.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 800 block of Oakland Avenue around 8:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender threw a rock through an apartment complex window.

Battery was reported on the 1200 block of Lierman Avenue around midnight Tuesday. According to the report, the victim was transported to the local hospital per her request.

Domestic dispute was reported on the 800 block of Oakland Avenue around 4 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the male and female are in a dating relationship and got into a verbal argument.