The Daily Illini police blotter for Nov. 6

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Battery was reported on the 500 block of Grove Street around 1:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim reported he was battered by unknown offenders.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 2000 block of Moreland Boulevard around 11:30 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, police were called for suspicion of a domestic battery occurring inside a vehicle. Theft was reported on the 1300 block of South Mattis Avenue around 8:30 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, unknown offenders stole an e-cigarette display containing over $1000 in product.

Nothing to report.

Retail theft was reported at Circle K, 809 W. Green St., around 2 p.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the business, concealed several items and left without paying for them.

Battery was reported on the 1700 block of Florida Avenue around 2 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender and victim have neighboring apartments in an apartment building. The victim claimed the offender came to her apartment door and slapped her in the face over rumors. There were no injuries to the victim, no witnesses and the offender denied there was ever physical contact. Both individuals said they would stay away from the other.

Disorderly conduct was reported on the 1400 block of Briarcliff Drive around 11 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the offender attempted to enter the victim’s residence while he was intoxicated. This alarmed and disturbed the victim to the point that she was crying and hiding in her bathroom. The offender did not gain entry and left when confronted by a neighbor that he was at the wrong house.