The Daily Illini police blotter for July 13

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

Theft of lost/mislaid property was reported on the 00 block of East Green Street around 9:26 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, a man left his wallet at Maize Mexican Grill and was later unable to recover it. 

Theft over $500, credit card fraud, and deceptive practices were reported on the 2600 block of North Prospect Avenue around 5 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the victim’s wallet was stolen at a Walmart Super Center. Her credit cards were then used fraudulently. 

Deceptive practices were reported by a University employee on Thursday. According to the report, the victim received an email from an individual he believed to be a colleague. In the email, the unknown offender requested the victim buy them gift cards claiming to later reimburse them. The victim then purchased approximately $4,400 in gift cards when they were alerted by a store clerk of the fraud. 

Theft under $500 was reported on 700 South Gregory Street between noon and 3 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, a University graduate reported that a package was delivered to him in his apartment lobby. When he found the package, the contents were removed. The estimated cost of the contents are $30. 

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 100 block of East University Avenue around 5:41 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the victim was at NU Med when an unknown offender stole his skateboard from the back of his truck. 

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 2000 block of South Philo Road around 5:31 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the unknown offender caused damage to the victim’s vehicle at Jackpot Food Mart.