The Daily Illini police blotter for Sept. 21

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 1900 block of Southwood Drive around 7:14 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender damaged the victim’s vehicle. 

Aggravated discharge of a firearm, aggravated assault, and criminal damage to property were reported on the 1100 block of North Sixth Street around 11:57 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the unknown offenders discharged weapons in the area of Sixth Street and Beardsley Avenue. 

Theft $500 and under was reported at Hopkins Hall, 1208 S. First St., between 12:20-3:20 a.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the student’s bicycle was locked to a rack at the location at the time of the theft. The estimated value of the stolen bicycle is $300. 

Theft was reported on the 700 block of South Gregory Street sometime between Sept. 14-19. According to the report, a student reported her vehicle license plates were stolen and replaced with different license plates. The new plates belong to a vehicle that was stolen on Sept. 14 in Champaign.

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 2100 block of Boudreau Drive around 10:31 a.m. on Monday. According to the report, the unknown offender broke into the victim’s vehicle and stole valuable camera equipment. The victim doesn’t know when the theft occurred.

Battery was reported on the 1900 block of Prairie Winds Drive around 7:23 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, two coworkers got into a work-related argument. The offender then spat on and punched the victim.