The Daily Illini police blotter for Oct. 19

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Nothing to report.

An arrest was made on the charges of unlawful use of a weapon and resisting a police officer near Wright and Daniel streets around 11:17 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, the arrestee was a passenger in a vehicle that was stopped for disobeying a stop sign. Police officers discovered through a records check that the arrestee was wanted in Blue Island, Illinois for an arrest warrant. As the officers arrested him, he attempted to run away. Upon arrest, the officers discovered a loaded handgun in his jacket pocket.

Theft $500 and under was reported at Bousfield Hall, 1214 S. First St., between Oct. 11 and Saturday. According to the report, a student’s bicycle was locked to a rack at the location when it was stolen. The estimated value of the bicycle is $300. 

An arrest was made on the charges of driving under the influence of alcohol, illegal transportation of alcohol, operating an uninsured vehicle and failure to yield near Pennsylvania Avenue and Sixth Street around 2:03 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the student’s vehicle was initially stopped due to a traffic violation. After the arrest, the officer discovered open containers of beer in the vehicle. 

Deceptive practices were reported on the 1400 block of Beardsley Avenue around 3:09 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the unknown offender used the victim’s identity to forge checks.

Harassment by telephone was reported on the 2000 block of Easy Street around 3:11 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the offender made intentionally offensive and obscene comments to the victim over an electronic communication device.