The Daily Illini police blotter for Jan. 4

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

Nothing to report.

Motor vehicle theft was reported at Willard Airport, 11 Airport Road, on Dec. 22. According to the report, the stolen vehicle was rented from a car rental business at the airport on Oct. 24, and was not returned at the end of the rental period on Oct. 29. The offender has not responded to messages from the business regarding the vehicle. The estimated value of the vehicle is $28,083. 

An offender was issued a State of Illinois notice to appear in court for criminal trespassing state-supported land in the 0-100 block of East Washington Street around 12:40 p.m. on Dec. 23. According to the report, the offender was identified as one of the people involved in the fight outside of the Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology. He had previously been issued a no-trespassing notice for all University property. 

Theft $500 and under was reported at Allen Hall, 1005 W. Gregory Drive, between Nov. 19-30. According to the report, a student’s bicycle was locked to a rack outside of the location when it was stolen. The estimated value of the stolen bicycle is $400.

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 1200 block of Fairlawn Drive around 8:08 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the unknown offender stole the victim’s purse from her vehicle within three days prior to Saturday. The victim is not sure where her car was parked at the time of the theft.

Theft $500 and under was reported on the 400 block of East Green Street around 4:02 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the victim’s package was stolen.

Residential burglary was reported on the 1700 block of Melrose Village Circle around 3:44 a.m. on Saturday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victims’ apartment while they were sleeping. The victims later noticed a pair of shoes and a jacket were missing.