The Daily Illini police blotter for March 26

Kenyon Edmond

Two officers stand at the intersection of Green and Wright streets on Aug. 28. The shooting that took place Monday night is still under investigation and police are asking anyone with information to come forward.

Aggravated discharge of a firearm was reported on the 1100 block of Paula Drive around 5:25 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, witnesses advised police that a residence was shot at from a passing vehicle. Shell casings were found in the driveway of the residence, and a vehicle struck by gunfire was later located by police.
Retail theft was reported on the 900 block of West Bradley Avenue around 8:20 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the offender reached behind a shopping counter and stole three lottery tickets.

Deceptive practice was reported on Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender contacted the victim claiming to be an agent of the Social Security Administration. The offender then directed the victim to purchase $2,950 in gift cards and transfer the gift card information over the phone. The victim complied with the offender’s demands.

Residential burglary was reported on the 2000 block of Fletcher Street around 12:50 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s apartment and took several items belonging to the victim.