The Daily Illini police blotter for April 26

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

Nothing to report.

Aggravated assault was reported at the Ashton Woods apartment complex in the 2200 block of South First Street around 3 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the victim said that someone summoned him outside of his apartment via a social media message. When the victim got outside, he was reportedly confronted by a man with a handgun. The teenager ran back inside and was not injured. No additional details were provided to police about the offender’s actions after the confrontation.

Theft was reported at the National Soybean Research Center, 1101 W. Peabody Drive between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, a University employee said cash was stolen from her office while it was unlocked and unattended.

Theft of a motor vehicle was reported in the 2000 block of Philo Road around 9 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, unknown offenders broke into a key lockbox at a U-Haul store and stole a van.