Blagojevich is a celebrity, now get him out of here

Apparently NBC is calling all has-beens to Costa Rica to film a reality TV show “I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here.” If you’re pathetic, sleazy or possess scumbag qualities, send your resume to NBC.

And if you’re former governor Rod Blagojevich, all you have to do is wait for permission from a federal court to leave the country.

If Blagojevich gets permission, he will be competing on the reality show with the likes of “The Hill” stars Heidi and Spencer, former supermodel Janice Dickinson, “American Idol” reject Sanjaya Malakar and Duane “Dog the Bounty Hunter” Chapman.

The show airs June 1, so Blagojevich has little time to get permission.

We’re crossing our fingers that U.S. District Judge James Zagel will be on our side of the issue and let Blago go to Costa Rica, if for no other reason than our own entertainment.

We think we’ve earned a little fun after all we’ve been through.

NBC explained the premise of the show: to drop the (“Z-list”) celebrities into Costa Rica and test their skills while they try to survive the jungle, all the while raising money for their favorite charities. Although if NBC really wanted the theme of the show to be surviving in a jungle, forget Costa Rica — ship the contestants to Illinois. Then the reality show could have been called “I live in Illinois … Get me out of here!” Oh, wait. The guy down the street was just screaming that the other day, and he’s probably already got the copyright.

As far as raising money, it’s no doubt Blago is going to win. He wants to do what every other has-been wants to do: cash in on the money. After all, he’ll need it for his legal defense. If he gets on the show, he’ll prospectively get between $66,000 and $80,000 per episode. Other has-been competitors will be donating their money to charities. Not suprisingly, his organization of choice will be, “B-L-A-G-O.”

And we bet he’s already made some sort of under-the-table agreement with the show’s producer. He wouldn’t be Blago if he didn’t do something like that. Besides, Janice Dickinson, “Dog” and “Speidi” are no competition to our former governor.

But if we’re anticipating any one thing in particular on the show, it would be the floral swim trunks and white tank top Blago would most likely be sporting in the heat and humidity.

And we can only imagine what the weather will do to his hair … It has withstood Chicago’s wind, but that’s probably incomparable to Costa Rica’s humid summers. So U.S. District Judge James Zagel, if you’re out there reading this, please, pretty please with sugar on top, let Blagojevich leave the country. He’s made enough of a mockery of Illinois in the United States. It’s time for him to take it to the next level: Costa Rica.

It really is too bad the show couldn’t have filmed last year, when Blago was still governor. That would have been really good for the ratings.

But if Blago doesn’t get permission to leave the country, rest assured. Another reality television show is probably in the making: “Blago Gets Sentenced To Life.”