Quick Commentary

By Emma Goodwin

Not-so-Super Bowl halftime

Quieting most hope of Taylor Swift or One Direction slaying at the 50th Super Bowl, rumor has it Bruno Mars might make a reappearance. While nothing has been confirmed, Billboard and Entertainment Weekly have both said he might be back — either as a guest, curator of acts or headliner. Can’t we get some young blood — or maybe sing some “Bad Blood” — instead?

From ‘real’ doctor to love doctor

For those of you still reeling over Patrick Dempsey’s surprise Grey’s Anatomy exit, find solace in this: He has landed his first role since leaving the show. He is in final negotiations to appear in the third installment of the Bridget Jones’s Diary franchise, which will be titled Bridget Jones’s Baby. While this news is exciting, the bigger question is: There’s going to be a third Bridget Jones movie?!

A new iPhone every day makes the customers stay

Apple released the iPhone 6S yesterday and it seems pretty…similar to the regular iPhone 6, honestly. In all seriousness, it isn’t even surprising when Apple reveals a new product anymore. Obviously all the new features cause a frenzy, but until they release an iPhone that’s water proof with a more crack-resistant screen, we’ll remain unenthused.

Hail to the Orange, Hail to the Blue

As if we needed more fodder to reason why we are an amazing school, The U.S. School and News Report released their ranking of the best colleges and universities in the country and the University was rated number 41, bumping up one spot from last year. Number one party school in the country, number four engineering school in the world and 41st nationally overall. You really can have it all, folks.