Quick Commentary

By Matt Silich and Emma Goodwin

Saturday Night Live “Trumps” ratings

Alma Approved

Saturday Night Live had their highest ratings in almost four years this past weekend, probably thanks to the presence of Donald Trump. So after months of dressing up as Trump, they brought him out to host instead. Not only did he participate in the sketches, but he live-tweeted the sketch-date between Cecily Strong and Taran Killam — further proving that his live tweets are humorous and entertaining.

YouTube Player

Fast and furious fighting skills

Alma Approved

Vin Diesel recently asked Ronda Rousey to teach his daughter judo, so is there any way that we can turn this into an open lesson? Learning self-defense is not only practical and empowering, but it’s strengthening (literally). Props to Diesel for teaching his daughter such a great skill at such a young age. Props to female empowerment any day.

In dire need of holiday cheer

DI Denied

Recently, Starbucks has begun serving customers holiday cups with a gradient red coloring as a more accommodating alternative to their Christmas-focused cups of the past. A small number of Christians have taken issue with the change, claiming that the adjustment is anti-Christian. Frankly, the only crime Starbucks is committing is creating a holiday cup focused on the winter when we’re still over two weeks away from Thanksgiving.

Mizzou hunger strike reaches new heights

Alma Approved

The University of Missouri football team made headlines this week by joining a campus-wide strike targeting University President Tim Wolfe for failing to address racist acts being committed on the school’s campus. The entire team and head coach have elected to suspend practice and games until Wolfe is fired or punished in some fashion. We approve of the courage and conviction the football team is showing, in addition to the other students protesting on campus.