Quick Commentary

By Emma Goodwin

Alma Approved

How we found our favorite TV show

Craig Thomas and Carter Bays, the creators of the beloved comedy How I Met Your Mother, have announced that they have just sold another sitcom to CBS. The show, called New York Mythological, will similarly be set in Manhattan, but this series will center around a woman who, upon moving to the Big Apple, gets swept up in its magic. Hopefully we can see a bit of the How I Met Your Mother comedy in it.

Alma Approved

Amy, Tina and Bruce are coming to town

OK. When we were reminded of the upcoming Saturday Night Live Christmas episode, we were already excited. However, now that Amy Poehler and Tina Fey have been announced as the hosts, we’re absolutely buzzing with excitement. Overflowing with holiday cheer doesn’t even begin to describe how absolutely joyous we feel — especially considering that Bruce Springsteen is the musical guest. Here’s hoping for a “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” revamp.

Alma Approved

Thanksgiving break is almost here

Remember that scene of The Incredibles after the plane combusts? And from the water, Dash screams “We’re dead! We survived but we’re dead!” If you’re anything like us, that’s probably how you’re feeling right now with the ongoing semester just wearing. You. Down. But, guys, like Dash said: “We survived!” Break is almost here and we have made it through this semester with our heads somehow on our shoulders. Congrats, Illini. Enjoy your week off. We all deserve it.

DI Denied

Charlie Sheen announces he is HIV positive

Charlie Sheen came out a few days ago on the Today show to announce that he is positive for HIV. To Sheen during this time: We are sincerely sorry and wish for the best for you during this time. More than any jokes people can make, we should remember first and foremost the gravity of this diagnosis and offer our support instead — not only for Sheen, but for HIV/AIDS positive patients everywhere.