Opinion | Thank you Disney+ for the nostalgia

Raven-Symoné stars in Thats So Raven. The TV show first premiered on Jan. 17, 2003 and is now streaming on Disney+.

Photo Courtesy of IMDB

Raven-Symoné stars in “That’s So Raven.” The TV show first premiered on Jan. 17, 2003 and is now streaming on Disney+.

By Noah Nelson, Senior Columnist

If humans could have superpowers, most people would want to fly, walk through walls and be invisible. Personally, I would love to time travel. Even though the large machine would allow me to travel to any time and place in history, Disney+ is already doing that, transporting me back to a much simpler time: childhood. And I couldn’t thank them enough for it.

After obtaining a membership from the media company’s newfound streaming service a few months ago, it doesn’t take long to realize that it’s Heaven on Earth for any Disney fan. For this fan, it’s all of the old Disney Channel shows and movies that make the service worth the investment.

Having everything that Disney has ever made on the service, the same goes for Disney Channel. More specially, it’s shows like “Phil of the Future,” “That’s So Raven,” “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody” and “Hannah Montana” that keep me watching on an endless loop, one that doesn’t look to be stopping anytime soon. It’s great to revisit the hilarious lines and running gags or discover new ones that once I missed completely. Still, there’s many classic episodes to stream on repeat and others I didn’t know existed, which only enhances the watching experience.

Not only the shows, but the movies are just as great if not better. Disney Channel fans can watch all of the classics like the “High School Musical” trilogy, all four “Halloweentown” movies and greats like “Smart House,” “Stuck in the Suburbs,” “Eddie’s Million Dollar Cook-off,” both “Camp Rock” movies, “Lemonade Mouth” and so many more. When rewatching these cinematic masterpieces, at least geared toward children, these films will never go out of style.

During childhood, Nickelodeon also dominated children’s television with shows like “Zoey 101,” “Drake and Josh,” “iCarly” and “Victorious.” The shows are fantastic in their own right with hilarious characters, memorable moments and lines any kid who grew up in the early 2000s will repeat for many more years to come. Nevertheless, if all of these shows could be on the same service like those on Disney+, I would never leave the comfort of my room. Maybe this should be Nickelodeon’s next big investment?

Disney+ is a great streaming service for any fan of the company who enjoys the classics, the live action remakes and everything in between. The various Disney Channel shows and original movies don’t appeal to everyone, but for kids like me who grew up watching these on a daily basis, they’re such well-made productions.

To anyone involved with Disney+, thank you for taking me and countless other fans of Disney Channel shows and movies on a trip down Memory Lane. Even though time travel is far from ever existing, it’s nice to know it can still happen through the means of television and film.

Noah is a junior in the College of Media.