Opinion | Nintendo Switch is therapy to the soul

Nathanial+Langley%2C+Daily+Illini+Opinions+Editor%2C+and+Ryan+Ash%2C+Daily+Illini+Managing+Editor+for+Visuals%2C+play+Super+Smash+Brothers+on+the+Nintendo+Switch+on+Sept.+6.+Columnist+Axel+Almanza+believes+owning+and+playing+the+Nintendo+Switch+is+therapy+for+the+soul.+

Cameron Krasucki

Nathanial Langley, Daily Illini Opinions Editor, and Ryan Ash, Daily Illini Managing Editor for Visuals, play Super Smash Brothers on the Nintendo Switch on Sept. 6. Columnist Axel Almanza believes owning and playing the Nintendo Switch is therapy for the soul.

By Axel Almanza, Columnist

Like several students at the University, we tend to feel a burden on our back from homework to RSOs. Most times, people would congregate with their loved ones or rest in front of the TV to rewatch their preferred comfort show. At times, people’s expectation of a good day wouldn’t be satisfied by a comfort show. This is where the Nintendo Switch comes into play.

According to Richard Priday’s Nintendo Switch review, the Switch has thrived since 2017. 

Featuring an affordable price and portable capabilities, people can purchase the system at $299.99 and game far and wide. If this feels overpriced, don’t worry; the Nintendo Light is priced at $199.99.

With an incredible game library, there are countless assortments of games to choose from. During the 2020 lockdown, one of these video games that attracted and entertained a diverse audience was, “Animal Crossing: New Horizons.” The game delivers comfort to the gamer by simulating life activity games like building a house, creating a garden and evicting villagers.

Additionally, two games that I have played are “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate” and “Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee!”

“Super Smash Bros.” delivers our favorite Nintendo characters and brawls them until the opposition is eliminated. The game is suitable for a player who wants a challenge and releases animosity from the hardships of school and anxiety such as failing an exam and/or social unease. “Pokemon” brings the gamer to a world filled with creatures from different elements pit against one another with fellow Pokemon trainers. Moreover, an imminent game remake coming soon that I have long awaited since the late 2010s is “Pokemon: Shining Pearl.

Likewise, if you’re in the mood for multiplayer the Nintendo Switch is a welcoming option. With games like “Mario Kart 8” and “Super Smash Bros.,” you can either handle it solo or assemble with your closest friends to play these games.

Overall, the Nintendo Switch demonstrates that it can capture a crowd whether they are Millennials who remember past Nintendo DS games to Generation Alpha amusing the current games.

Furthermore, it supplies a tranquil mindset when away from reality. To enter the realms of Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Kirby and more, purchase a Switch today. This system will be here for generations to come as there is no other system that can overshadow it.

Axel is a sophomore in LAS.