The Daily Illini police blotter for March 25

By Clare Budin, Assistant Daytime News Editor

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 600 block of West University Avenue around 5 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offender used a paving stone to break a window of the victim’s vehicle.

An arrest was made on the charges of aggravated battery on the 600 block of East Green Street around 6 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, police were called to investigate a fight between the two suspects.

An arrest was made on the charges of aggravated discharge of a firearm on the 2100 block of West White Street around 11 p.m. Friday. According to the report, the suspect discharged a pistol in the public yard area of his or her apartment complex. The suspect’s weapon was recovered in Urbana and the casing was recovered at the complex.

Criminal damage to property was reported at Sherman Hall, 909 S. Fifth St., around 2 a.m. Sunday. A University security guard reported someone had thrown a rock through a residence hall window. The student inside the room was unharmed.

Trespassing and failure to appear in court were reported at University Public Safety Building, 1110 W. Springfield Ave., around 11 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, a police officer saw the offender removing scrap from a nearby garbage bin and discovered the offender had a warrant from the city of Champaign for failure to appear in court and was issued a no trespassing notice for University property.

Possession of a controlled substance and failure to appear in court were reported on the 1700 block of Melrose Village Court around 2 a.m. Saturday. According to the report, police had initially been called when an apartment resident reported the offender and another individual were refusing to leave. Police officers then found cannabis packaged for resale in possession of the offender.

Gunshots were reported on the 1000 block of South Smith Road around 1 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, several subjects said they heard gunshots, but no evidence of a shooting was found.