The Daily Illini police blotter for Dec. 14

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Aggravated discharge of a firearm and criminal damage to property were reported on the 1500 block of Winston Drive around 7:20 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the victim’s residence was struck by gunfire. There is no suspect information available at this time. 

Aggravated discharge of a firearm, aggravated assault and criminal damage to property were reported on the 400 block of East Church Street around 8:08 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, there was a shooting. Damage was done to a house and a bullet casing was located nearby. 

Aggravated discharge of a firearm, aggravated assault and criminal damage to property were reported on the 1400 block of Posey Street around 4:08 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender(s) discharged weapons at the location. 

An offender was issued a city of Champaign notice to appear in court for hosting a nuisance party on the 900 block of South First Street around 11:14 p.m. on Friday. According to the report, police were initially called to the offender’s residence because of a loud party. The responding officers noticed there were over 10 people in attendance, which is a violation of a local public health code.

Aggravated discharge of a firearm was reported on the 1400 block of Silver Street around 11:14 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender fired a single gunshot in an apartment parking lot. 

Assault was reported on the 800 block of Springfield Avenue around 2:22 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, when the victim confronted the offender about debt, the offender threatened him with a knife. The offender claimed the confrontation didn’t happen. There was no evidence to support either claim. 

Battery was reported on the 1300 block of Colorado Avenue around 1:56 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the victim was inside of a Dollar Tree when she was punched and kicked by three unknown offenders.