The Daily Illini police blotter for Dec. 16

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016. A 17-year-old male was killed after a shooting in Champaign on Thursday night.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Nothing to report.

Nothing to report.

Theft $500 and under was reported on the 100 block of South High Cross Road around 11:24 a.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the offender entered the Walmart store and selected multiple items in his cart, but passed purchase points without paying for his items. The offender abandoned the cart and was stopped by police.The offender had a previous theft conviction and was issued a notice to appear in court.

Theft $500 and under was reported on the 900 block of West Oregon Street around 9:43 a.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the unknown offender stole a package intended for the victim. There is currently no suspect information available. 

Attempted aggravated robbery was reported on the 1800 block of Cunningham Avenue around 11:03 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, the unknown offender displayed a handgun and attempted to take cash from a Shell gas station.