The Daily Illini police blotter for Dec. 18

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016. A 17-year-old male was killed after a shooting in Champaign on Thursday night.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Motor vehicle theft and theft $500 and under were reported on Green and South Sixth streets around 9:43 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s vehicle. 

Aggravated discharge of a firearm and criminal damage to property were reported on the 2100 block of West White Street around 5:31 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, a firearm round was fired from an upstairs apartment through the floor to the apartment below. There were no injuries reported. The firearm was recovered after a search warrant was obtained and conducted.

Battery and theft over $500 were reported on the 700 block of Sherwood Terr around 5:02 a.m. on Thursday. According to the report, there was a battery incident and a cell phone theft. No arrests were made.

Nothing to report.

Burglary from a motor vehicle and credit card fraud were reported on the 2900 block of Myra Ridge Drive around 11:15 a.m. on Thursday. According to the report, an unknown offender broke into the victim’s two vehicles and stole items. The offender later used the victim’s credit card to make purchases.

Theft $500 and under was reported on the 1500 block of East Florida Avenue around 1:51 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole a package from the victim’s front doorstep. 

Criminal damage to property and trespass to land/real property were reported on the 900 block of South Lincoln Avenue around 3:27 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, the offender damaged glass on the victim’s door at Alpha Chi Omega sorority.