The Daily Illini police blotter for March 31

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

Deceptive practices were reported on the 2400 block of West Springfield Avenue around 8 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, an unknown subject used a counterfeit $20 bill at the business and there is currently no suspect information.

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 1900 block of Moreland Boulevard around 10 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, two victims’ vehicles had their truck bed covers cut and an item was taken. There is currently no suspect information.

Theft was reported in the 2200 block of South First Street at the Ashton Woods apartment complex on Tuesday. According to the report, an Illinois student reported that a University-owned laptop computer with an estimated value of $700 had been stolen overnight Sunday or Monday from her unlocked vehicle while it was parked in the complex parking lot. In a separate report, another University student reported that someone had rummaged through her vehicle parked at Ashton Woods during the same time frame, but nothing of value appeared to be missing.

Nothing to report.