The Daily Illini police blotter for Sept. 28

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

An arrest was made on the charges of retail theft and possession of a controlled substance at Menards on the 600 block of West Town Center Boulevard around 2:30 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, a loss prevention employee reported that the suspect was concealing goods in his fanny pack. 

Nothing to report.

Aggravated discharge of a firearm was reported on the 100 block of Coler Street around 1 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender fired a gun into a city street, causing damage to a residence and several cars.

Aggravated battery was reported at Carle Hospital on the 600 block of West University Avenue around 12:30 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the victim arrived at the hospital with a gunshot wound, and police were unable to determine where the incident occurred and if other parties were involved. 

Aggravated assault was reported on the 700 block of South Urbana Avenue around 7 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender verbally threatened the victims and later displayed a handgun, causing the victims to fear for their lives.