The Daily Illini police blotter for Oct. 26

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016. A 17-year-old male was killed after a shooting in Champaign on Thursday night.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Nothing to report.

An arrest was made on the charge of aggravated battery at the Illini Union located at 1401 W. Green St., Urbana around 8:30 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, a University student recognized the suspect as the person who battered her on Saturday and notified the police. The suspect was issued a notice to appear.

Animal bites were reported on the 1400 block of Hillcrest Street around 8 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, the victims were bitten by a stray cat while in their private backyard, which was fenced off. The victim’s pet dogs then attacked and killed the stray cat while in the backyard.

Home invasion was reported on the 100 block of North Busey Avenue around 3:30 a.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, two unknown offenders entered the victim’s residence through an unlocked patio door. When confronted by the victim, one of the offenders brandished a firearm before they both fled out through the patio door.