The Daily Illini police blotter for Dec. 2

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Aggravated discharge of a firearm, aggravated assault and criminal damage to property were reported on the 1000 block of South Mattis Avenue around 3:30 a.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender fired a gun, striking the victim’s residence while three people were inside. 

An arrest was made on the charges of possession of a controlled substance, resisting a police officer and obstruction of justice on the 1200 block of North Cunningham Avenue, Urbana at 12:56 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the suspect was a passenger in a vehicle that was pulled over because officers observed items hanging from the mirror, obstructing the driver’s view. Officers then observed the suspect assembling cannabis to be smoked. The suspect then reportedly gave police a false name and resisted officers while being handcuffed.

Retail theft was reported at the Illini Union Bookstore located at 809 S. Wright St., Champaign at 4:32 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, store security personnel reported that an offender stole three notebooks and left before being stopped. The stolen notebooks have a combined retail value of $40.93.

Aggravated discharge of a firearm was reported on the 2100 block of County Square around 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, an unknown offender fired shots into an unoccupied residence and fled before police arrived. No injuries were reported.