The Daily Illini police blotter for Feb. 8

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

An arrest was made on the charges of aggravated battery, criminal trespass to a vehicle and criminal damage to property in the 100 block of North Neil Street around 2:30 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the suspect battered the victim, damaging the victim’s necklace and also trespassed in a vehicle. 

Theft was reported at University parking lot E-28, located at 49 E. Armory Ave., Champaign some time between Friday and Saturday. According to the report, the victim had a catalytic converter stolen from his vehicle. The estimated cost to repair the vehicle is $1,800.

Theft was reported at University parking garage B-4 located at 1201 W. University Ave., Urbana sometime between Friday and Saturday. According to the report, a University employee had a catalytic converter stolen from her vehicle. The estimated cost to repair the vehicle is $1,400.

An arrest was made on the charges of driving under the influence of alcohol, operating an uninsured vehicle, operating a vehicle without registration, driving without a valid license and illegal transportation of alcohol in the 1500 block of East Washington Street around 9 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the suspect crashed into the central median while driving on a public road. The suspect later admitted to being intoxicated.