“A La Carte” option brings more dining hall variety
February 27, 2017
One of the best parts of the University is that there are so many dining options to choose from on campus. Instead of spending money at restaurants on Green Street, there are many dining halls that feature A La Carte options, where food can be purchased with Illini Cash and Cafe Credits.
Ikenberry Commons, located at 301 E. Gregory St., is home to 57 North, which has freshly prepared food, as well as beverages, local produce, groceries and personal items. Some on-the-go food options include chicken tenders, wraps and mac and cheese bites.
- Sunday-Saturday: 9:00 a.m.–midnight
Instead of getting into the habit of spending money on coffee every day, located upstairs in Ikenberry Commons is The Caffeinator, which has coffee, bakery items, smoothies and other beverages.
- Monday–Thursday: 7:00 a.m.–midnight
- Friday: 7:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 12 noon–5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 2:00 p.m.–Midnight
Busey Bean and Green
Busey-Evans hall, located at 1111 W. Nevada St., is home to Busey Bean and Green, formerly known as Busey Beanery. You can stop here for meals and snacks like paninis, baked goods and smoothies.
- Monday-Thursday 8:00 p.m.– midnight
ISR Chomps, located at 1010 W. Illinois St., holds ISR Chomps, which sells on-the-go food options.
- Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m.–midnight
- Monday-Friday: 10:00 a.m.–midnight
- Saturday-Sunday: 4:45 p.m.–midnight
- Saturday-Sunday 8:00 p.m.–midnight
Penn Station, located at 906 W. College St., offers convenience food and beverages and foods.
- Monday–Friday: 9:00 a.m.–midnight
- Saturday and Sunday: 8:00 p.m.–midnight
Madeline is a junior in Media.