Make these 5 microwave meals in a mug
February 27, 2017
Dining halls and Greek housing chefs are great, until you’re starving and a meal you hate is being served. Mug recipes have rapidly grown in popularity in recent years, and there are tons of healthy, quick and simple recipes that you can make in under five minutes. These recipes are perfect for anyone in need of a quick meal.
1 tablespoon diced red pepper
1/4 cup spinach
1 tablespoon feta cheese
1 teaspoon sliced green onion
Pepper, to taste.
- Spray inside of coffee mug with cooking spray.
- Add eggs to cup, using a fork, mix until the yokes are combined.
- Add in roasted red pepper, spinach, feta cheese, green onions, and pepper to taste.
- Gently stir together.
- Add coffee mug to the microwave and cook on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Remove the mug and let sit for 1 minute.
1/3 cup pasta
1 cup water, hot
2 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
4 tablespoon pasta sauce
2 tablespoon milk
- In a large microwavable mug or large bowl add in the pasta and the water. You need a large mug as the water will boil up.
- Microwave for roughly another 3 ½ minutes or until tender. You want the pasta to be fully cooked. (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
- Pour out the remaining cooking water.
- Stir in the cornstarch, tomato sauce and milk and microwave for a final 60 seconds or until the sauce thickens. The cornstarch is the thickener for the sauce.
- Stir well, season with salt and pepper and enjoy.
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
Pinch of cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon frozen blueberries
- In a microwave safe mug, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until well mixed.
- Add the butter to the mug and use your fingers to rub or smoosh them together until no large chunks of butter remain and the mixture looks like damp sand.
- Stir the milk into the butter/flour mixture. It should now resemble a thick muffin batter. If it’s too dry, add a splash of milk. Sprinkle blueberries over the top and push them down into the batter. Microwave on high for approximately 90 seconds. Enjoy with a drizzle of maple syrup on top.
Pizza in a mug
4 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/16 teaspoon making soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon marinara sauce
1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese
5 mini pepperoni
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs (or basil)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a microwavable mug.
- Add in the milk and oil with mix together. There might be some lump but that is OK.
- Spoon on the marinara sauce and spread it around the surface of the batter.
- Sprinkle on the cheese, pepperoni and dried herbs.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 10-20 seconds, or until it rises up and the topping are bubbling (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary).
Coffee Cup Quiche
1 1/2 tablespoon milk
Ground black pepper
1/4 of a bagel
2 teaspoon cream cheese
1/2 slice prosciutto or ham
Fresh thyme leaves or fresh chopped chives
- Beat egg and milk together with a fork in a coffee cup, adding salt and pepper to taste. Tear bread into dime-size pieces; stir in. Add cream cheese; stir in. Tear or cut prosciutto into small pieces; add to mixture. Sprinkle with thyme.
- Microwave on high until done, about 1 minute 10 seconds. Garnish with mustard and fresh thyme or chives.