Luxurious apartment options sorted by personality

Quentin Shaw

The outside of Skyline Tower located at 519 E. Green Street.

By Yifan Gu, Staff Writer

By Yifan Gu

Staff Writer

Apartments are the places you typically stay in for most of your time on campus. Many students now face the tough decision of where to live for the next school year. The comparison of several apartments in the heart of Campustown may help students select their accommodation wisely. 

Roland Realty

Location: 1008 S. Fourth St., Champaign, IL 61820, adjacent to the University of Illinois Ice Arena

Layouts: Studio, two bedrooms with one to two bathrooms, three bedrooms with three bathrooms, four bedrooms with two to four bathrooms.

Price: Ranging from $790 to $1,015 per month per person.

Advantages: This location is ideal for students in the College of LAS. It takes approximately five minutes for students to walk from the apartments to the Main Quad. The apartments are newly built with modern decoration. There is a private gym and an outdoor grilling station for tenants to use.

Campus Center 

Location: 601 S. Sixth St., Champaign, IL 61820

Layouts: Efficiency, one bedroom with one bathroom, two bedrooms with one bathroom, three bedrooms with two bathrooms. 

Price: Ranging from $700 to $1,298 per month per person.

Advantages: The apartment is newly built with varied layouts. It’s located in the heart of Green Street. Restaurants and bars surround the apartments. Legends Bar and Grill and Paris Super Crepes are downstairs. Nearby are several restaurants, including Spicy Tang, Salad Meister, Pokelab and McDonald’s. 

Campus Property Management 

Location: 408 E. Healey St., Champaign, IL 61820

Layouts: One bedroom with one bathroom, two bedrooms with one bathroom, three bedrooms with one bathroom, four bedrooms with two bathrooms. 

Price: Ranging from $553 to $859 per month per person.

Advantages: The location is comparatively efficient and attractively priced. At the same time, Campus Property Management offers two leasing options: 10 months and 12 months. The apartment also has private underground parking facilities. 

First Column Living  

Location: 512 E. Green St., Champaign, IL 61820

Layouts: Two bedrooms with one bathroom, four bedrooms with two bathrooms.

Price: $799 or $950 per installment.

Advantage: The apartment is suitable for living with friends. The living room is commodious, with large French windows. The location is also attractive, as it is located on Green Street. The apartment is close to many restaurants and to the Main Quad. 

Johnstown

Location: 508 E. John St., Champaign, IL 61820

Layouts: Four bedrooms with two bathrooms.

Price: $705 per month per person.

Advantages: It just takes three minutes to walk from Johnstown to the Department of Statistics and Altgeld Hall. This apartment shares an emotional appeal, with a little garden downstairs and a balcony for the tenants to enjoy. 

Burnham 310

Location: 310 E. Springfield Ave., Champaign, IL 61082

Layouts: Studio, one bedroom with one bathroom, one bedroom with one study room, two bedrooms with two bathrooms, three bedrooms with three bathrooms.

Price: $900 to $1,324 per month per person.

Advantages: This is one of the only pet-friendly apartments in Campustown. The apartments are close to a variety of outdoor facilities, including the Champaign Park District, Scott Park and Boneyard Creek. You can bring your furry friend to enjoy a great afternoon. This option is well-furnished and equipped. The apartment has its own parking facilities, a fitness center, outdoor cable and a grilling station. 

Yifan is a sophomore in LAS.