Q&A; with WR Kyle Hudson

Wide receiver Kyle Hudson (21) gestures after an incomplete pass from Juice Williams bounces a few yards short during the second quarter of the game against Ohio University, Saturday. Ohio won 20-17. Beck Diefenbach, The Daily Illini

By Courtney Linehan

Question: You guys have been using piped-in noise this week to replicate the sound in Penn State’s stadium.

How accurately does the noise machine simulate an actual crowd?

Answer: I don’t know, it just sounds like something loud in my ear. They say the stadium is even louder than these speakers, but I don’t know. I don’t know about that, though, those speakers are pretty loud if you’re right up next to them. We’ll see what happens on Saturday.

Q:How have you as receivers been able to make use of Juice’s arm?

A: It’s great, you see him out there and he’ll be scrambling around, then somebody will break deep and he’ll just launch it. That’s one of the great things about him, getting to go deep like that, like he did to Jody last week. It’s a great weapon to have. I think as each game goes on, he knows where the receivers are going to end up.

Q: What’s the biggest difference between being in season for football and for baseball?

A: Football practices are a little shorter than baseball practices.

Baseball practices go for a long time; you’re just standing out there in the outfield the whole time. In football you’re running around a little more.

Q:Coach keeps talking about what a difference a year makes from when you went from a freshman to a sophomore. Do you feel like there’s been a big difference between your freshman year and this year?

A: Yeah, I definitely do. I feel like any DB we go up against we can compete against. Then going to places like Ohio State last year, it’s good to get that under my belt, get to play in front of 80,000 people. I think just getting experience is the biggest thing.

Q: Are you excited to go to Penn State for the first time?

A: It sounds like an awesome environment for football, it sounds like it’s going to be fun. I hear the students make it an awesome environment, so we’re looking forward to it.