Center Pringle adds strength to Illini hockey team

By Jim Carter

With the hockey season in full swing, many players on the top-ranked Illini team have stepped up in many ways. Jordan Pringle is one of those key players.

Yet he said hockey wasn’t the only reason he joined the orange and blue.

var UniqueNameFO = { movie:”https://www.dailyillini.com/media/paper736/interactive/560j9uhg.swf”, width:”200″, height:”280″, majorversion:”8″, build:”0″, xi:”true” };

UFO.create(UniqueNameFO, “di_inline_flash”);

Get macromedia Flash Player

“I knew I wanted to go into engineering and that was a big thing,” Pringle said. “Obviously it’s one of the best engeneering schools, but I also knew I wanted to play hockey too. It’s just the level of hockey down here is really good and obviously the engeneering school is good.”

Pringle describes himself as a team player that is willing to do anything asked of him both on and off the ice.

“Really just doing kind of whatever needs to be done,” Pringle said. “Recently we’ve had a lot of injuries so I’ve played center which usually isn’t my position, but just kind of filling in and doing whatever I can.”

Even if center isn’t his position, Pringle is doing well adjusting to the change as he has scored 16 points this season, making him the second highest scorer on the team.

Along with the rest of his teammates, Pringle is hoping to help the team keep winning and eventually win the national championship this season.

The Illini take to the road this weekend, playing Eastern Michigan Friday and Saturday.