Matchup to Watch: Tim Hiller vs. Juice Williams

On Saturday, the leading quarterback in the Big Ten in passing yards per game and total offense will face off against the top quarterback in the Mid-American Conference.

Juice Williams, arguably the leader of the Illini this season, is tops in the Big Ten in total offense this year, averaging a total of 327.8 yards per game.

But Williams will be sharing the field with his main competitor. Western Michigan quarterback Tim Hiller has thrown a touchdown in his past 12 games and is one of three players in Broncos history with more than 7,000 career passing yards.

The junior is ninth in the country in completion percentage this season at 68.55 percent, making him just one of three quarterbacks from a non-BCS conference to rank in the top 10 nationally.

For the Illini to win their sixth game and become bowl eligible, the defense will have to re-enact its performance from last weekend to shut down Hiller, and Williams will have to fuel the offense once again. Williams has already broken three stadium records this season for total offense (Edward Jones Dome, Michigan Stadium and Memorial Stadium) and will attempt to break another on Saturday at Ford Field.

By Stuart Lieberman