Live Blog: From Assembly Hall, Illinois vs. Hawai’i

By Ryan Dixon

Illini Starting Lineup:

Trent Meacham, Chester Frazier, Mike Davis, Demetri McCamey and Mike Tisdale

Ranbow Warriors Starting lineup:

Kareem Nitoto (from Berkeley, California), Petras Balocka (Vilnius, Lithuania), Roderick Flemings (Dallas, Texas), Adhar Mayen (Pflugerville, Texas) and Bill Amis (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)

Pre-Game Notes:

Illinois (7-1) is coming of an impressive 76-42 win over Georgia at the United Center on Saturday. Tonight, the Illini host Hawai’i (3-2).

If you’re not at the Hall, at least get into the spirit of some basketball and throw on a Hawaiian shirt. The Rainbow Warriors’ radio broadcaster did, and he looks darn good in it.

Frankly, it’s pretty cool that Illinois is playing Hawai’i tonight – I mean, when the heck am I ever going to see them live unless I travel to the Maui Invitational.

Picks to Click

Standings: Jeff LaBelle (2), Jeremy Werner (1), Me (0)

I still have yet to tally my first victory among the three writers. Jeff has two wins (Mike Davis selections both times). Jeremy notched his frist victory Saturday when he chose Demetri McCamey. As I write, Jeff is angry he didn’t get to pick last game because he was stuck in the snow in Rantoul. Tough luck.

Tonight’s picks – Jeff, yet again, went with sophomore Mike Davis. Jeremey picked McCamey and I chose Mike Tisdale. I know I’ve had a low tolerance level for the big man’s abilities this year, but I think he could put something together for me tonight.