UI Senior Administrator Terry Cole to retire

Senior Associate Athletics Director Terry Cole, a fixture of the University of Illinois Division of Intercollegiate Athletics for the last 32 years has announced his retirement in August.

“I have been privileged to be a part of the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of Illinois,” Cole said. “Over the course of my career, I have had the incredible opportunity to have an impact on the lives of thousands of student-athletes in ways that have helped them become better athletes and better students.”

“Terry Cole has been an outstanding colleague and close friend,” Director of Athletics Ron Guenther said. “Throughout his long and successful career,Terry was one of the most respected and well-liked individuals at the DIA and on campus. He is a man of high integrity and his role as our Senior Associate was invaluable to me as we addressed many complex issues. Terry did an exceptional job of building our student services unit and was our main liaison with the academic community. Terry will always be remembered as our student-athletes’ strongest advocate. His loyalty and support will

always be appreciated.”

Guenther announced his own retirement yesterday after 19 years as Director of Athletics.