Live updates: Illinois football signing day coverage

Illinois’ head coach Tim Beckman runs towards the locker room after the homecoming game against Minnesota at Memorial Stadium on Saturday, Oct. 25, 2014. The Illini won 28-24.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

Wednesday is college football’s National Signing Day. Check back here throughout the day for updates and bios when prospective student-athletes send in their National Letters of Intent. All rankings are according to 247sports.com. 

***

Updated: 10:06 a.m.

Illinois is not expecting any more announcements today. 

***

Updated: 10:03 a.m.

4-star running back Ke’Shawn Vaughn has signed his letter of intent to play at Illinois.

The 5-foot-10, 210-pound Nashville recruit was the 26th-ranked running back in the country. Vaughn chose the Illini over hometown Vanderbilt, Notre Dame and West Virginia.

Vaughn come from Pearl Cohn High School in Nashville, the same high school as fellow Illini signee Cameron Watkins. 

***

Updated 9:58 a.m.

2-star defensive back Cameron Watkins has signed his letter of intent to play at Illinois.

The 6-foot-1, 180-pound Nashville recruit was the 58th-ranked recruit in Tennessee.

Watkins made his official visit on Jan. 30, just one day after Illinois gave him an offer.

***

Updated: 9:02 a.m. 

3-star cornerback Desmond Cain has signed his letter of intent to play at Illinois.

The 5-foot-10, 180-pound Florida recruit ranked 94th in the country among cornerback recruits.

Cain attended the same high school as former Illini receiver Darius Millines (American Heritage High School) and helped lead his team to the Class 3A state championship game.

***

Updated: 8:55 a.m.

3-star defensive tackle Jamal Milan has signed his letter of intent to play at Illinois

The 6-foot-3, 267-pound Chicago recruit chose the in-state Illini over Minnesota and Indiana, among others. Milan was the 20th-ranked recruit in the state and Illinois was the first school to give him an offer.

***

Updated: 8:43 a.m.

3-star running back Reggie Corbin has signed his letter of intent to play at Illinois.

The 5-foot-10, 190-pound Washington, D.C. recruit ranked 118th in the country among running back recruits. Corbin also had offers from Marshall, Washington State, Old Dominion and Toledo.

Corbin becomes the next in a line of Illini football players from Washington D.C. that includes former receivers Martize Barr and Arrelious Benn.

***

Updated: 8:25 a.m.

3-star linebacker Justice Williams has signed his letter of intent to play at Illinois. 

The 6-foot-3, 202-pound Texas recruit ranked 83rd in the country among outside linebacker recruits. He also played wide receiver in high school.

Williams also had offers from Indiana, Kansas, Virginia and Mississippi State.

***

Updated: 8:17 a.m. 10 recruits have sent in their national letters of intent already this morning.

3-star athlete Trenard Davis has signed his letter of intent to play at Illinois. 

The 6-foot, 195-pound recruit from Florida was the 141st-ranked recruit in the state and was high school teammates with Illini commit Desmond Cain.

Davis chose the Illini over Big Ten rivals Minnesota and Wisconsin, among others.

3-star wide receiver Sam Mays has signed his letter of intent to play at Illinois. 

Mays, a 6-foot-3, 181-pound receiver ranks 82nd among the nation’s recruited receivers. The wide receiver proved athletic in high school as a two-sport athlete, starting at wide receiver in football and guard in basketball.

4-star offensive tackle Gabe Megginson has signed his letter of intent to play at Illinois. He is the 15th-best tackle in the nation, and rated No. 193 overall.

The Jacksonville, Ill. recruit is 6-foot-5, 295-pound lineman who had offers from eight other Big Ten schools, including Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Nebraska. The lineman also had offers from Arkansas and Mississippi State.

Illinois’ offensive line allowed 37 sacks last season, and the team averaged 117.1 rushing yards per game.

3-star cornerback Frank Sumpter has signed his letter of intent to play at Illinois. 

The 6-foot-1, 180-pound recruit from Cleveland, Ohio, was the 73rd-ranked recruit in the state. Illinois was the only school to offer Sumpter, who was one of two Division I recruits from his high school (Glenville).

Glendale High School is the alma mater of current Illini V’Angelo Bentley and Justin Hardee.

3-star tight end Caleb Reams has signed his letter of intent to play at Illinois. 

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound tight end from Gurnee, Ill. chose the Illini over Wake Forest, South Florida and several MAC teams, including Northern Illinois.

Reams is the 50th-ranked tight end recruit in the nation.

3-star safety Patrick Nelson has signed his letter of intent to play at Illinois. 

The 5-foot-11, 196-pound defensive back was named to Illinois’ All-Catholic League and All-Area teams as a junior in high school. Nelson was ranked 23rd among Illinois’ top recruits in 2015.

The safety told 247Sports a factor in his decision to choose Illinois over Indiana and Nevada because of the school’s close location to his home in Chicago.

3-star defensive end Sean Adesanya of Eastern Arizona College has signed his letter of intent to play at Illinois. 

The junior will have two years of eligibility with the Illini. The 6-foot-4, 230-pound defensive lineman was ranked fourth among Arizona recruits.

Adesanya will be the third defensive lineman from junior college on Illinois’ current roster.

3-star offensive tackle Zeke Martin has signed his letter of intent to play at Illinois. 

Martin verbally committed to the Illini on June 18, 2014, just two days after his official visit to Champaign. The 6-foot-5, 280-pound Ohio recruit ranked 146th in the country among offensive tackle recruits. 

Martin is one of three offensive tackles in Illinois’ 2015 recruiting class.

3-star offensive tackle Adam Solomon has signed his letter of intent to play at Illinois. 

The 6-foot-6, 290-pound lineman out of Indianapolis, Ind. was the 12th-ranked recruit in the state. Solomon verbally committed to the Illini in mid-2014 after the program offered him a scholarship in October, 2013.

3-star athlete Julian Jones has signed his letter of intent to play at Illinois. 

The 6-foot-3, 205-pound Atlanta recruit ranked 125th in the country among athletes. Jones had 12 different scholarship offers, including ones from Indiana, Louisville and Wake Forest.

Jones is projected at outside linebacker for the Illini.