Jeremiah Tilmon commits to Mizzou

Illinois+mens+head+basketball+coach+Brad+Underwood+gets+another+chance+at+recruiting+Landers+Nolley+of+Langston+Hughes+High+School%2C+who+recently+de-committed+from+Georgia.+

Tribune News Service

Illinois men’s head basketball coach Brad Underwood gets another chance at recruiting Landers Nolley of Langston Hughes High School, who recently de-committed from Georgia.

By Tatiania Perry, Assistant sports editor

Former Illini basketball signee Jeremiah Tilmon committed to Mizzou earlier today.

Tilmon requested a release from his contract in early April after head coach John Groce was replaced by Brad Underwood.

The East St. Louis native had seemed indecisive about the Illini from the beginning as he verbally de-commited, then was the last the sign of the early signees. When requesting his release, Tilmon stated that the Illini were still in the running.

After weeks of silence about his recruitment following the release, the only rumors that emerged were about his interest in Missouri. Mizzou head coach Cuonzo Martin already had a connection with Tilmon, being a fellow East St. Louis native and still having family in the area.

Tilmon will be joining No. 1 overall prospect Michael Porter Jr., who signed with Mizzou in April. .

The 6-foot-10 center is No. 43 in the ESPN Top 100 and the No. 6 center in the class of 2017.

The Illini will face off against Tilmon and the Tigers in this year’s Bragging Rights game in December.