Illinois swim and dive set for 2021-22 season

The+swim+and+dive+team+poses+for+a+team+photo+outside+of+the+ARC.+The+first+event+is+on+Oct.+9+at+the+ARC+for+the+annual+Orange+%26+Blue+meet.+

Photo Courtesy of Illinois Athletics

The swim and dive team poses for a team photo outside of the ARC. The first event is on Oct. 9 at the ARC for the annual Orange & Blue meet.

By Will Payne, Assistant Sports Editor

The Illinois swim and dive team announced its schedule for the 2021-22 season, which will start off on Oct. 9 for the Orange and Blue meet at the ARC pool.

Including the Orange and Blue meet, the Illini will host three events at the ARC pool throughout the season, the other two being on Jan. 15 against Iowa and Jan. 22 versus Nebraska. 

For the majority of the year, Illinois will be on the road, as their first matchup is set for Oct. 15 against Indiana State in Terre Haute, IN. Later in the month, there will be dual meets against four Illinois schools, including UIC, ISU, SIU and Northwestern.

From Nov. 18-20, the swim and dive teams will compete in the House of Champions Invitational in Indianapolis, IN. Following this invitational, the Illini will travel down south to Miami, FL for the FIU Sprint Invitational and the FIU Relay Meet. Senior night at the ARC pool will take place during the Jan. 22 matchup against Nebraska.

The season will finish with two tournaments: the Big Ten Championships and the NCAA Championships. The Big Ten Championships will be from Feb. 16-19 in Madison, WI, and the NCAA Championships are taking place from Mar. 16-19 in Atlanta, GA.

@WillPayne33