Michelle Dasso no longer women's tennis head coach

By Daily Illini Staff Report

Illinois has declined to renew Michelle Dasso’s contract and she will not be returning as the women’s tennis headcoach, the University announced Wednesday. 

“We appreciate and thank Michelle for her nine years of service to the University of Illinois and the women’s tennis program.” Athletic Director Mike Thomas said via press release.

The Illini have gone 14-10 for two years in a row. Last season they finished 6-5 in the Big Ten, finished the season ranked No. 54 in the country and were not selected for the NCAA tournament.

Dasso served as Illinois’ head coach for nine years after after being an assistant coach at her alma mater, Notre Dame, from 2003-06 and playing on the USTA Pro circuit from 2001-03.

Under Dasso, the Illini had a dual-meet record of 122-98,and went 56-38 in Big Ten play. Dasso guided the team to four NCAA tournament apperances.

She also coached the doubles team of Melissa Kopinski and Rachael White to an All-American selection in the 2012-13 season. Kosinski and White were the first All-Americans selected from the Illini women’s tennis team since Lindsey Nimmo garnered the honor in 1993.

Assistant coach Evan Frank, will be the interim head coach for the 2015-16 season.

Dasso was unable to be reached for comment.