Four-star basketball recruit Jordan Goodwin chooses SLU over Illinois

Illinois’ head coach John Groce reacts to a play on court during last season’s 86-80 Illini win over Northwestern. His team dropped a 58-56 game to the Wildcats on Saturday night.

By Charlotte Carroll, Sports editor

Jordan Goodwin has committed to Saint Louis University over Illinois.

The four-star wing announced his decision over Twitter Friday.

According to 247sports.com, Goodwin is the No. 48 player in the nation and the No. 2 recruit in Illinois. He’s listed at 6-foot-4, 220 pounds by ESPN.

Goodwin is from Belleville, Illinois, and is currently enrolled at Althoff Catholic High School.

Besides Illinois, Goodwin also had offers from Alabama, Butler, Northwestern, Missouri and Creighton.

With Goodwin, Illinois head coach John Groce was looking to build on an impressive recruiting class of 2017 that already included five-star center Jeremiah Tilmon, four-star point guard DaMonte Williams and three-star Javon Pickett.

The Illini landed Tilmon earlier this summer. Tilmon is the No. 23 player in the country according to 247sports.com and the No. 1 player in the state of Illinois.

@charlottecrrll