WATCH: 2008 Rose Bowl team holds reunion at Memorial Stadium

By Eli Schuster, Sports Editor

The Fighting Illini Athletics program welcomed back the 2007 Illini football team over the weekend to celebrate the program’s trip to the 2008 Rose Bowl.

Former head coach Ron Zook turned consecutive two-win seasons in 2005 and 2006 into a 9-4 campaign that saw wins over No. 1 Ohio State, No. 5 Wisconsin and No. 21 Penn State.

Zook was one of many members of the team to return to Memorial Stadium for the weekend’s festivities. Illini standouts Juice Williams and Rashard Mendenhall were also there to reconnect with old teammates.

To take a look at a brief recap of the team’s celebration below.

About the Contributor
Eli Schuster, Sports Editor

My name is Elias Schuster, and I am extremely happy to be in the sports editor role here at The Daily Illini. I am currently a senior here at the University studying journalism and have a strong passion for sports. For the past three years, I have worked at the DI producing digital content. I have covered both Illinois football and basketball for the last three seasons and previously held the sports video editor title. A little background on me, I am originally from a suburb outside Chicago called Vernon Hills, Illinois. Growing up outside a sports-centric city quickly made me fall in love with the sports world. It also made me quickly fall in love with deep dish pizza, but that’s beside the point. Anyway, if you have any questions or comments about anything at all, please feel free to contact me. Oh, and keep up to date with all the latest news via twitter @Schuster _Elias and @di_sports.