Illini add Prince Green to 2021 class

Photo Courtesy of Fighting Illini Athletics

A promotional photo shows that Prince Green has committed to Illinois.

By Alec Busse, Assistant Video Editor

On Sunday night, three-star 2021 cornerback Prince Green became the second recruit to commit in the 2021 recruiting class.

Green, a native of Griffin, Georgia, is the 82-ranked player in the state and is the 1,126 nationally-ranked player in the country, according to 247Sports.

Green pledges his commitment to the Illini over Kentucky, Minnesota and Georgia Tech.

“Illinois showed a lot of love from the jump,” Green said. “They showed lots of interest in me and let me know early that I could affect the program early if I work hard.”

Illinois recruited Green to play defensive back, but he plays both corner and wide receiver in high school. Green says that one of his greatest strengths is his ball skills, which give him confidence at cornerback to make aggressive plays on the ball.

Illinois is hoping to parlay Green’s commitment into prep-recruiting momentum after going nearly five months without a commitment in the 2021 recruiting class. Green says, “I tell other kids that it is a program on the rise and we have a chance to be something really special in front of a great fanbase.”

The Illini are hoping to parlay Green’s commitment into prep recruiting momentum. Currently, Illinois has the lowest ranking class in the Big Ten and the least amount of commitments among the 14-team conference.

@Alec_busse