Official story of St. Patrick

By Wendy Schild

Perhaps Unofficial could bring some attention to the true, or shall I say, official story of St. Patrick.

Born to an English Christian family in the late 4th century, Patrick was captured by raiders and taken to Ireland where he became a slave to a Druid Priest.

While enslaved Patrick was forced to tend his master’s sheep. While in the fields working as a shepherd Patrick grew close to God. After 6 years Patrick heard a voice telling him to escape.

He escaped. At home Patrick felt he had a dream from the Lord. In this dream the Irish people were calling him to go back to Ireland to tell them about the one true God.

He returned to Ireland where he used the Shamrock to show the people the story of the one true God who is in three persons.

God the father, who loved us so much he sent His Son so whoever believed in him could be forgiven and become his child forever. God’s Son Jesus showed us the Father as he died for our sins and then returned to the Father.

As Jesus promised he sent the Holy Spirit as a pledge of our inheritance by which we cry out Abba Father. Happy Saint Patrick’s Day on the 17th.