Hearing will discuss capital construction plan

As your state representative, I believe it is imperative that lawmakers in Springfield pass a capital construction plan during the 2009 legislative session.

As legislators in the Illinois General Assembly begin the daunting process of putting together a statewide capital construction plan, I pledge to fight for a bill that provides our local area with its fair share of funds so that we can finally fix our roads, bridges and schools while putting workers in the Champaign-Urbana community back on the jobsite.

To that end, I will be hosting a Capital Hearing to give local elected officials, labor leaders and members of the business community an opportunity to voice their thoughts and opinions on the vital importance of passing a capital construction plan that invests in our local economy and creates hundreds of local jobs.

The Capital Hearing will be held on Monday, March 23 at 5:30 p.m. at the Champaign Public Library, Rooms A and B, which is located at 200 West Green Street in Champaign.

Concerned residents and members of the media are encouraged to attend the event. If you would like to attend or to be placed on the agenda to speak, please call my office at 373-5000.

Naomi Jakobsson

State Representative

103rd District