Police report – April 6, 2009

A 30-year-old man was arrested on the 300 block of West Kirby Avenue on Friday morning. According to the report, the man was arrested for burglary of a motor vehicle, aggravated battery and resisting arrest/obstructing an officer.

• A 30-year-old man was arrested on the 300 block of West Kirby Avenue on Friday morning. According to the report, the man was arrested for burglary of a motor vehicle, aggravated battery and resisting arrest/obstructing an officer.
    • A 22-year-old man reported criminal damage to property on the 800 block of South First Street on Saturday morning. According to the report, an unknown offender damaged the house’s front porch window.
    • Sigma Tau Gamma reported criminal damage to property at the 00 block of East Chalmers Street on Saturday morning. According to the report, an unknown offender threw a Corona bottle through the victim’s bedroom window.
    • A 30-year-old woman was arrested at JCPenney, 2000 N. Neil St. on Saturday morning. According to the report, the woman was arrested for retail theft.
    • A 22-year-old woman reported aggravated battery at C.O. Daniels, 608 E. Daniel St., Sunday morning. According to the report, an unknown offender threw a beer can at the victim.
    • A 20-year-old man was arrested for being a minor in possession of alcohol and for possession of cannabis at Firehaus, 708 S. Sixth St. on Saturday night. According to the report, bar management asked the man to leave, but he refused, even after police arrived and asked him to leave.

• A 20-year-old man was arrested at the 1100 block of North Coler Avenue on Friday morning. According to the report, the man stole two checks from his grandmother, forged one, cashed it, and was arrested for forgery and probation violation.
    • An 83-year-old man reported residential burglary at the 2200 block of South Lynn Street on Friday morning. According to the report, an unknown offender took the storm windows off the victim’s home in an attempt to break in.
    • A 19-year-old man was arrested at the 400 block of North Vine Street on Saturday morning. According to the report, the man was arrested for resisting arrest/obstructing an officer and on an in-state warrant.

• Theft was reported from Roger Adams Laboratory, 600 S. Mathews Avenue, Urbana. The theft occurred sometime between the afternoon of March 28 and the afternoon of April 2. According to the report, 100 dollars in cash was stolen from a filing cabinet.
    • A 22-year-old man was arrested at the University parking lot at the 800 block of South Sixth Street on Friday morning. According to the report, the man was arrested for battery and resisting arrest/obstructing an officer.