Police Blotter 7-13-2009

• A 35-year-old man was arrested at the intersection of East University Avenue and First Street, early Saturday morning. According to the police report, the offender was arrested for calling 911 multiple times with no emergency after he was asked to stop.
    • A 23-year-old man was arrested at the intersection of Prospect and Bradley Avenues, early Saturday morning. According to the police report, the man was arrested for having a loud car stereo.
    • A 20-year-old man was issued a citation at the 300 block of East Green Street, early Saturday morning. According to the police report, the man was issued a citation for loud music.
    • A 21-year-old man was issued a citation at the 200 block of Moreland, Saturday afternoon. According to the police report, the man was issued the notice to appear in court for loud music.
    • A 49-year-old man was issued a citation at the 300 block of East Church Street, Saturday evening. According to the police report, the man was observed urinating in the roadway and issued a notice to appear in court for public urination.
    • Residential burglary was reported at the 600 block of West Springfield Avenue, Wednesday night. According to the police report, the victim reported his Xbox 360 was stolen.

• A 44-year-old man was arrested near the intersection of Washington Street and Smith Road, Saturday night. According to the police report, the man was driving a suspicious vehicle and was arrested on charges of driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license and operating and uninsured motor vehicle.
    • Theft was reported from the 900 block of North Lincoln Avenue, Saturday night. According to the police report, the victim reported that an offender stole a digital camera, a camcorder and money.
    • A 24-year-old man and a 25-year-old man were arrested at the intersection of Washington Street and Philo Road, Saturday night. According to the police report, the officer made a traffic stop and smelled burnt cannabis coming from the vehicle. Drug paraphenalia was found on the driver and cannabis on the passenger. Both were taken to jail.

• A 30-year-old man was issued a citation at the 1300 block of West Springfield Avenue, Thursday evening. According to the police report, the man was cited for operating an uninsured motor vehicle and no driver’s license after a routine traffic stop.
    • Theft was reported at the English Building, 608 S. Wright St., sometime between June 1 and 15. According to the police report, a Raleigh mountain bike worth $650 was stolen by an unknown offender from the bike rack near the north entrance to the building.

Compiled by Melissa Silverberg