C-U gets in the mood with holiday events

The Other Guys Christmas Concert

Where:

Foellinger Auditorium

When:

8 p.m. Dec. 5

Price:

$6 for students, $9 for adults. Tickets available at the Assembly Hall office now. Also available every day on the quad from Monday Nov. 30 – Friday Dec. 5 until 4 p.m.

Event:

The all-male a cappella group will be continuing a tradition that has been ongoing for over 40 years.

Alex Concordia, the musical director of The Other Guys said the show never fails to disappoint, always drawing a large audience.

“The concert will feature our entire repertoire of music including songs by Jason Mraz, Michael Buble, Eric Hutchinson, and The Beatles to name a few,” Concordia said.

The Nutcracker

Where:

Krannert Center’s Tryon Festival Theatre; 500 S. Goodwin, Urbana

When:

7:30 p.m. Dec. 4; 2 and 7:30 p.m. Dec. 5; 2 and 6 p.m. Dec. 6.

Price:

$15-$34

Event:

The Champaign Urbana Ballet presents the magical E.T.A. Hoffman fairy tale, about a young German girl who dreams of a Nutcracker Prince and a fierce battle against a Mouse King with seven heads. 

Accompanied by imaginative costumes, Tchaikovsky’s most famous scores, fanciful lighting and enchanting set designs, The Nutcracker is a must for Christmas lovers!

Holiday Market

Where:

Lincoln Square Mall, Urbana

When:

8 a.m. – 1 p.m. Dec. 5, 12, 19

Price:

Free

Event:

Imagine not having to walk through the whole mall to shop for everyone in your family. Even better, instead of resorting to national brands, you get to support local businesses.

The Lincoln Square Village Holiday Market will be selling unique arts, crafts and edibles made by local merchants – including jewelry, pottery, paintings, soaps, ornaments, pet accessories, fresh produce, and baked goods. With over 50 vendors expected at the Holiday Market, start stocking up on the gifts!

Holiday Gift Wrapping

Where:

Market Place Mall, Champaign

When:

10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Every Fri, Sat & Sun starting Nov. 27th. All week from Dec 18-24.

Event:

“Help Santa and Habitat!” The Habitat for Humanity of Champaign County and University Chapter are looking for volunteers to help with holiday gift wrapping. Shoppers pay a small fee that goes to Habitat for Humanity of Champaign County to help them continue to build homes in the community. Working in two to four hour shifts, no prior experience is needed.

Volunteers can sign up at: http://www.volunteerup.com/ProjectCal.asp?o=59, or call/e-mail Gina at 217-359-0507 ext. 1063, [email protected]