Police Blotter: 08-24-2010

— Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported at the 200 block of East White Street on Sunday.

According to the police report, the victim’s currency and GPS system with accessories were stolen from his vehicle.

— A 21-year-old man was arrested at the 500 block of South Fifth Street on Sunday.

According to the police report, the offender and victim were involved in a domestic altercation where the offender was arrested for domestic battery.

— Criminal damage to property was reported at the 600 block of South Third Street on Sunday.

According to the police report, the victim’s car was damaged.

— A 27-year-old man and 30-year-old man were arrested at the 300 block of East Green Street on Sunday.

According to the police report, the men were arrested for disorderly conduct after they yelled derogatory names at officers.

— Burglary was reported at the 600 block of South Wright Street on Saturday.

According to the police report, the suspect entered the business after it had closed and stole cash.

— A 35-year-old man was arrested at the 300 block of West John Street on Friday.

According to the police report, the man was arrested for being a sex offender and providing false information that said he was homeless when he had a residence.

— Theft for $300 and under was reported at the 2600 block of West Springfield Avenue on Wednesday.

According to the police report, the victim’s cash was stolen from her purse.

— Criminal damage to property was reported at the 1700 block of West Springfield Avenue last Tuesday.

According to the police report, the suspect used an air soft gun and damaged a building.

— A domestic dispute was reported at the 500 block of West Springfield Avenue on Sunday.

According to the police report, a couple got into a verbal argument.

— Residential burglary was reported at the 800 block of West Springfield Avenue on Sunday.

According to the police report, the victim’s door was kicked in.

— A 27-year-old man was arrested at the 900 block of West Illinois Street on Sunday.

According to the police report, the man was arrested for trespassing on state-supported land.

Compiled by Jennifer Wheeler