Opinion columnist Jason Febery shares insight about election

Before you step into the voting booth, take a moment to consider the national implications of the Senate and House races you’ll be voting on. Which party would you like to see in power for the next two years?

Here are a few issues that might help you decide:

If you believe that Paris Hilton and Warren Buffet need their taxes cut more than the middle class, you should vote Republican.

If you believe women should not be trusted to make decisions about their own reproductive health, you should vote Republican.

If you believe that brown skin amounts to probable cause, you should vote Republican.

If you believe that trusting Social Security to the whims of Wall Street is a good idea, you should vote Republican.

If you believe that wearing a super-sized flag pin that was made in China makes you a patriot, you should vote Republican.

If you believe that government can be trusted with missiles and nuclear weapons, but not with handing out bread and cheese to the poor, you should vote Republican.

If you believe that anyone who disagrees with you is a Nazi/Marxist/communist/socialist/fascist/terrorist, you should vote Republican.

But, if you don’t believe any of these things, then I would urge you to vote Democrat on Tuesday.

Jason is a senior in Engineering.