Blotter 5/31/2011

h2. Champaign

– A residential burglary was reported at East John Street and South Oak Street on Wednesday.

According to the report, the victim’s computer was stolen from his unsecured apartment.

– A 20-year-old male was issued a notice to appear for being a minor in possession of alcohol at the 700 block of South Fifth Street on Friday.

– A domestic dispute was reported at the 300 block of West Green Street on Friday.

– A 23-year-old male was issued a notice to appear for public urination at Fifth and Green streets on Friday.

– Deceptive practices were reported at the 300 block of East Springfield Avenue on Thursday.

According to the report, an unknown suspect made fraudulent charges to the victim’s debit account.

– Theft was reported at the Champaign Library on Friday.

According to the report, an unknown suspect stole the victim’s laptop.

– Possession of alcohol on public property was reported at Sixth and Green streets on Saturday.

– Battery was reported at the 300 block of East Green Street on Friday.

According to the report, the suspect battered the victim and was issued a notice to appear.

– A 19-year-old male was issued a notice to appear for possession of cannabis and being a minor in possession of alcohol.

h2.

– A 45-year-old male was arrested for being a fugitive from justice at the 600 block of West University Avenue on Thursday.

According to the report, officers identified a wanted subject while investigating a separate issue. The subject was identified and arrested on a valid arrest warrant out of Kansas.

– Theft was reported at Alpha Chi Omega on Thursday.

According to the report, sometime over the last two to three months, an unknown offender stole four sections of copper downspouts off the back of the victim sorority.

– A 20-year-old male was arrested Thursday on the top level of parking garage F-29, 1201 Dorner Drive, Urbana, for possession of drug paraphernalia. An 18-year-old male passenger in the vehicle was arrested for possession of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia.

– Four copper downspouts valued at $1,000 were reported stolen at 2 p.m. Thursday from the south side of Busey-Evans Hall, 1115 W. Nevada St., Urbana.

– A University student reported at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday that his cellphone, estimated value $700, was stolen at about 5:45 p.m. Monday while he was playing basketball at the Activities and Recreation Center, 201 E. Peabody Drive, Champaign.

According to the report, the student had left the phone in a pair of pants on the sideline.

_Compiled by Brynn Twait_