Police Blotter for June 13, 2011

* Criminal damage to property was reported at the 100 block of E. Springfield Avenue on Wednesday at about 2:50 a.m.

According to the report, an unknown suspect shattered the outer pane of the sliding glass door at the victim’s apartment.

* Deceptive practices were reported at the 900 block of S. Third Street on Wednesday.

According to the report, the victim sent a MoneyGram to an unknown subject in the Philippines after responding to a scam.

* Aggravated battery, theft and disorderly conduct were reported at the 800 block of Oak Street on Thursday.

According to the report, the victim lost her car key several weeks ago. Three suspects have been taunting her by setting off her car alarm, and the suspects also threw a bottle at her friend. The suspects have not been identified or located.

* Identity theft was reported at the 500 block of E. Green Street on Tuesday.

According to the report, an unknown offender opened an Ameren account under the victim’s name.

* Theft was reported at the 200 block of N. Gregory Street on Tuesday.

According to the report, an unknown offender removed and stole the victim’s locked bicycle from a bike rack outside the victim’s residence.

* Theft was reported at the 700 block of W. Green Street on June 1.

According to the report, the victim’s bike was taken from the underground parking garage of her apartment.

* Theft was reported at the University’s Aeronautical Laboratory, 101 S. Goodwin Ave., Urbana.

According to the report, two copper downspouts with a total value of $700 were stolen sometime between June 3 and June 6.

* A 22-year-old male University student was arrested on charges of resisting arrest and criminal damage to state-supported property at the 200 block of E. Green Street, Urbana, at 2:15 a.m. Friday.

According to the report, the suspect was one of a group of men police found kicking and trying to pry loose a City of Champaign parking lot sign. The suspect ran when police arrived.

* Criminal damage to property was reported at Willard Airport, 11 Airport Road, Savoy, at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.

According to the report, maintenance employees at Willard reported that someone in the past two days had damaged a card reader connected to an employee baggage conveyer. Including the fire extinguisher police believed was used in the incident, damage was estimated at $600.

* Theft was reported at a parking lot of the Activities and Recreation Center, 201 E. Peabody Drive, at 3:45 p.m. Tuesday.

According to the report, a traffic barrier valued at $400 was stolen.