Police Blotter 7/22/2011

*Champaign*

* A 41-year-old female was issued a notice to appear for disposal on public ways at the Circle K, 1301 S. Mattis Ave., on Monday.

According to the report, a witness observed the suspect dumping trash at the gas station.

* Theft was reported at the 800 block of South Oak Street on Tuesday.

According to the report, an unknown suspect stole the victim’s bicycle.

*Theft was reported at the Bethel A.M.E. Church, 401 E. Park St., on Tuesday.

According to the report, an unknown suspect stole the copper tubing from an air conditioning unit at the church.

* Criminal damage to property was located at the 400 block of East John Street on Sunday.

According to the report, a garden hose was put in the window of the Delta Tau Delta fraternity, and the water was turned on.

* Theft was reported at the 300 block of East Clark Street on Tuesday.

According to the report, the victim’s bicycle was stolen.

* A 46-year-old male panhandler was issued a notice to appear for prohibited begging at the 500 block of East Green Street on Tuesday.

According to the report, the suspect swung a bike at a subject when the subject refused to give him money.

* Theft was reported at the 200 block of East John Street on July 14.

According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s bike.

* Theft was reported at the 900 block of South State Street on Tuesday.

According to the report, an unknown suspect stole a bear statue from the victim’s front porch.

*Urbana*

* Theft was reported at the 300 block of South Lynn Street on Monday.

According to the report, an unknown offender took the victim’s bicycle from the front yard of the victim’s residence.

*Theft was reported at the 800 block of South Lincoln on Tuesday.

According to the report, an unknown offender stole cash out of the victim’s wallet. Victim reported that he had misplaced his wallet and when he found it, he discovered the cash was missing.

*University*

* A 20-year-old Champaign male was arrested on charges of unlawfully possessing a stolen firearm and ammunition, for not possessing a FOID card, for unlawful use of weapons and for possessing a fraudulent driver’s license at a parking lot near the 800 block of West Green Street, Urbana, at 12:30 a.m. Wednesday.

According to the report, officers pulled the suspect’s vehicle over for a headlight violation and discovered he had an unloaded pistol, reportedly stolen in Detroit in 1977, tucked in the waistband of his shorts. A passenger in the vehicle, a 22-year-old Urbana male, was also arrested for unlawful possession of ammunition.