Students invited to meet with administrators, community leaders Thursday

Students will get the chance to meet with several top University administrators and local community leaders Thursday, including University president Michael Hogan, vice chancellor Richard Wheeler, and Champaign and Urbana mayors Don Gerard and Laurel Prussing.

This second annual meeting of the student body is co-sponsored by the Illinois Student Senate and the Illini Union Board. At 7 p.m. in Illini Union room A, a group forum will give students the opportunity to ask University and community leaders any questions they may have regarding student affairs, campus safety, tuition or any other issue they may have.

“It will be a great opportunity for students to participate in the continual dialogue on campus and within the community of Champaign-Urbana,” said David Pileski, student body president.

After an hour, the formal discourse will dissolve and the meeting will become more casual, Pileski said, encouraging students and administrators to get to know each other and continue discussions about issues.

Dean of Students Kennth Ballom, University Chief of Police Barbara O’Connor and vice chancellors from research and student affairs will also be at the meeting, along with representatives from the College of LAS, Campus Recreation, Facilities and Services, the Illini Union, the LGBTQ Resource Center, the Tenant Union, La Casa and University Housing.