Urbana Unofficial regulations similar to Champaign’s

Urbana released its regulations on bars and other liquor providers, which are very similar to “Champaign’s regulations”:https://www.dailyillini.com/index.php/article/2012/02/mayor_issues_emergency_orders_to_039discourage_outoftowners039_from_attending_unofficial, for the weekend of Unofficial St. Patrick’s Day.

Mayor Laurel Prussing said Unofficial has not been a big problem in Urbana because there it only has one campustown bar, the Canopy Club.

“Ours is a support operation rather than a full-scale problem,” Prussing said. “We support Champaign.”

Prussing said Unofficial has become less of a problem over the years, especially concerning disruption to classrooms.

Many regulations apply to Saturday this year, which is a major change from previous years’ regulations. Prussing said this increased restriction is because of two students’ deaths during Unofficial weekend, including that of a staff member of The Daily Illini.

Urbana’s regulations are as follows:

1. No licensee can serve or permit the possession or consumption of alcoholic liquor on its premises between 6 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Friday, March 2.

2. No licensee can host a private function that results in special drink pricing or other privileges on its premises between 11 a.m. on Friday, March 2, and 2:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 3.

3. No licensee can serve shots between 11 a.m. on Friday, March 2, and 2:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 3.

4. No licensee can serve pitchers of alcoholic liquor between 11 a.m. on Friday, March 2, and 2:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 3.

5. No licensee can serve alcoholic liquor in a glass or metal container between 11 a.m. on Friday, March 2, and 2:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 3.